Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Johnny Beaudine and Deep Blue - House of Jazz

Deep Blue did Monday Mar. 11.

Two great figures in Montreal nightlife were there. Georges Durst, the owner of the House of Jazz and the great Doudou Boisel. As I've mentioned before Doudou owned the Rising Sun and founded the Montreal Jazz Festival. Every jazz and blues great played at the Rising Sun.

Doudou and I have a mutual admiration society. Doudou heard everybody play so when he's happy you know you're doin' pretty well.  He also loves Peter Mika's very fine piano playing.

During the last set we tried out two New Orleans tunes for the first time.
They'll be in the repertoire from now on.

New Directions

It's not easy to find something different in the wake of not being able to do what I do, perform. I've decided to revert back to my...